Open Windows Capital Works Management
Get on time, stay on budget
Does your project rely on suppliers, contractors or outsourced resources?
The Open Windows Modular Procurement software suite is perfectly suited to managing the life cycle of capital works projects, which are often heavily dependent on the effective management of project milestones, governed by contracts with vital suppliers.
Far too often project managers and contract administrators are coordinating the numerous tasks and responsibilities of each project delivery in different software systems. This lack of integration between vital project management components exacerbates the inherent difficulty of complex project management today, and can lead directly to significant negative influences on your project such as:
- Project delays and time consuming disputes with suppliers
- Cost blowouts
- Poor compliance with no audit trails or accountability paths
- No consistent process for correct approvals and documentation
- Uninsured suppliers and high risk liabilities
- No validation of costs or incorrect, misaligned, delayed, duplicated or delayed payments
- Inconsistent information between design, proposal, tender, contract, suppliers & client
- Time-consuming multiple data entry across multiple software systems
- Decisions made based upon outdated or incorrect information
Manage your entire Capital Works life cycle in one system
Open Windows Capital Works Project Management software solution helps you manage the entire life cycle of your capital works programme in one system. When contracts and suppliers are aggregated into a single managed project environment businesses can recognise a whole new world of benefits.
Benefits of Contract Management Automation for Capital Works Projects
Control your risk profile, budget management and compliance needs at every stage of your project
Open Windows solution offers end-to-end management, starting with your scoping phase by initial identification of the business need for the project, submitting project proposal, evaluating proposals to prioritize importance and conducting risk assessment for project feasibility.
- Project plan with overview scan
- Business case & budgeting synchronisation
- Category planning, skill planning and market intelligence capture
- Online project proposal evaluation based on a user defined questionnaire containing weighted criteria
- Identification of stakeholder groups & project team definition
The Open Windows system enables more efficient project resource planning to assist you with such activities as project approval, planning and project specification, category planning, project funding, budget control, allocating staff and supplier project personnel, sourcing skilled contractors, sub-contract tendering, supply chain tier management and awarding both prime and sub contracts.
- ECI and pre-qualification support
- Manage the RFx process through an eTendering portal
- Online Tender evaluation with flexible scoring process
- Contract document creation, award process and online approvals
- Centralised contract repository for all documentation for each project
- Team selection and personnel planning – with key stakeholder groups defined
- Conflict of interest register
Open Windows software manages all supplier, contract and project information in a centralised location. Ensuring contract obligations and deliverables are met, activities and resources are compliant with legal requirements and project information on progress, performance and budgets are reported efficiently to decision makers.
- eAlert notifications for all contract deliverables and milestones
- View project information at a program, sub-program and/or individual project level
- View real time project cashflow – by project stage and period incl. LTD and YTD
- Payment integration through to ERP / Finance System
- Issue management and resolution tracking
- Online Portal to communicate with contractors and saved history
- Defined workflow processes with electronic approvals and timed escalation pathways
- Balanced scorecard reporting
- Integration to Microsoft PROJECT
The Open Windows system builds confidence in on time and on budget delivery of capital works projects. It also enables, encourages and ensures better supplier performance as well as better change management throughout the delivery process. The key features include functionality to strengthen risk management, budget management, compliance management, variation management and process management throughout the project through accurate information and efficient reporting methods.
- Reporting dashboard and KPIs facility
- Maintain detailed history of supplier performance
- Real-time audit trail – including supplier communications
- Work inspection and assessment capability
- Risk management
- Payments clock
- Project cash-flow integrated with your P2P
- Dedicated portal for on-site data entry by suppliers and contractors
- Secure Portal for external parties (contractors) to submit variations, payment claims and update insurance details, compliance records and performance reporting